Locate your Echo image
First you must locate the Echo image.
- Go to
Compute Engine/Imagesin your GCE developer console.
- Locate the Echo image by searching for
echo-va-aioin the image name.
- If there is more than one image, make sure you’re using either the latest one or the specific version you’re after.
Launch a new VM instance
Launch a new virtual machine instance with the Echo image.
- Go to
Compute Engine/VM instancesin your GCE developer console.
Create Instanceto bring up the new instance configuration screen.
- Give your new VM its name and zone, these can be anything you prefer.
- Choose a machine type for the new VM, minimal requirements are 2 vCPUs and 7.5GB of memory.
- Choose to allow both HTTP and HTTPS traffic to the VM.
Createto laucnh the new VM.
Firing up Echo for the first time
Your new Echo VM should be ready in a few minutes.
- SSH into your new VM. The default username and password are
joola/joola, we’ll change this shortly.
Your Echo VM uses the user
joolafor controlling the system.
$ sudo su $ su joola # You can now access the required parts of the system
Echo packages are located in
$ cd /opt/joola/echo $ ls -al # This is the main directory holding all of echo related software on the machine
$ docker-compose up -d # start all containers as daemons $ docker-compose ps # show a list of running Echo containers $ docker-compose logs # print the entire output of all Echo components
$ docker-compose stop # stop all containers, Echo is offline $ docker-compose rm # wipe all containers
VM Specific Configuration
Based on the size of your VM, you may wish to allocate additional memory to Echo’s datastore. If not, please skip the following configuration.
/opt/joola/echo/docker-compose.yml for editing and change the following configuration to your preference:
$ nano /opt/joola/echo/docker-compose.yml
... elastic: ... environment: - ES_HEAP_SIZE=1g ... mem_limit: 2gb memswap_limit: 2gb ... ...
Logging to Echo
Navigate to your new VM’s IP address on port and you should be taken to the login page.
The default username/password are